Posted on Friday, September 23, 2022
On our path to becoming the world’s favorite way to shop, we’re assembling an unparalleled global talent network, accelerating individual careers, and disrupting entire industries. We are on a mission to liberate humanity from all the meaningless time spent managing their purchases and finances, so they can do more of what they love. We’re in search of global talent eager to embrace our atmosphere and defy their own expectations.
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. We work in small, highly collaborative cross-functional teams with that have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimize for quality, flow, fast feedback, focussing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build.
Our engineers make some of the most significant decisions for the company and we are looking for bold, open and curious individuals. As a Klarnaut, your work will reach millions of users.
We're looking for an experienced Engineering Director to help support our User Account and Fraud Prevention domain, facilitate the right technical decisions and strengthen our leadership within the Engineering competence.
What You’ll Get To Do
- Be part of the domain leadership team, where you will have the key role of ensuring the engineers and engineering managers in the domain have the right support in their roles, as well as the right challenges to grow.
- You will be responsible for the technical success of the domain, with support from the Architect and Domain Security Lead
- Set and execute on strategy pertaining to securing engineering talent and fundamental technology innovation.
- Create and facilitate a professional engineering environment where Engineers have job satisfaction, feel that their work is valuable, and are able to be innovative and creative.
- Help managers to define and follow an individual development plan.
- Inspire & Lead high performing software engineering managers and teams
- Shape and Grow the Engineering Organization by understanding the current and future needs
- Successfully manage and develop relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Scope and own a problem space while you develop your team’s vision and mission statement.
- Play a key role in helping us continue to attract, develop and retain great engineering talent.
You’ll Need To Have
- Experience building Engineering organizations and culture
- A proven track record of successfully leading teams and delivering new products, preferably in complex and high transaction environments
- Experience developing, mentoring and growing a high performing Engineering teams
- Demonstrable experience at acting independently, coupled with strong collaboration and coordination skills
- A strong technical background, working with one or more general purpose programming languages including experience working with the cloud (either AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Strong communication skills; ability to simplify technical concepts to non-technical partners, and articulates business direction to the technology team.
- An eye for spotting problems and bottlenecks, thriving on quick iterative delivery
- Working proficiency in English
Bonus Points If You Have These
- Exposure to Security/Authentication (ie. payment systems, authentication systems)
- Experience of unifying different customer profiles, such as acquiring a company and unified customers' transactional sections.
What we offer:
Diversity & Community
With our diversity of skills, perspectives and backgrounds, we can create, innovate, and disrupt like no other. Diversity is part of who we are, and essential to our success.
Ownership & Impact
Here, every voice matters. We’re organized into hundreds of small teams, each run like a start-up, focused on their own problem-space.
Trust & Collaboration
Successes and failures are won together at Klarna in a melting pot of teams. Win, lose, and learn, we’re on this path together.
If you love what you do, you should love where you do it. We appreciate that everyone’s different and has their own preferences of where and how to work. We genuinely believe in the power of regular face-to-face interactions in building close connections with our teams, but we also strongly believe people can work effectively remotely. This means that combining both is the key to success.
At Klarna, You can choose between working from the office, remotely within your employment country, or even outside of it for up to 20 working days per year. Flex it up!
Challenges & Rewards
We take a very Swedish approach to benefits. Support for parents, health and wellness perks—we’ve got you covered.
Since 2005 Klarna has been on a mission to revolutionize the retail banking industry. With over 150 million global active users and 2 million transactions per day, Klarna is meeting the changing demands of consumers by saving them time and money while helping them be informed and in control. Over 450,000 global retail partners, including H&M, Saks, Sephora, Macys, IKEA, Expedia Group, and Nike have integrated Klarna's innovative technology to deliver a seamless shopping experience online and in-store. Klarna has over 6,000 employees and is active in 45 markets. For more information, visit Klarna.com
It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender, identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status or religion. Please refrain from including your picture and age with the application.
See more open positions at Klarna
Something looks off?