Building System Engineer
United States · Remote
Posted on Friday, February 9, 2024
🌳 Infogrid began in 2018 on a mission to make buildings more sustainable, buildings account for 39% of global carbon emissions and we’re creating real solutions to impact this!
🚀 We have amazing products solving real world problems, come and join us in either the UK or US and help drive our mission forward.
You will work with cutting-edge IoT technology in building environments leveraging your technical skills to create opex projects and recommendations throughout our portfolio of established customers. You will help customers utilize their building systems-based insights and recommendations to ensure that they get the most out of the platform.
You will develop a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders, onsite building engineers/operators, and Directors of Engineering. You will maintain a communication cadence with customers to drive the identiﬁcation, quantiﬁcation, and implementation of building systems projects.
You will become the main point of contact and engineering support between the company and the onsite engineers and operators. You will become a subject matter expert on the Infogrid platform and your domain expertise will help ensure client success and continue to push the limits of creative ways to apply the capabilities of Infogrid to the world of real estate.
Who you will work with
While you will spend a lot of your time engaging with customers, you will also be working with Infogrid Account Executives and Engagement Managers to mitigate churn and drive renewals. You will represent the voice of the customer to help drive the product roadmap forward.
The skills we are looking for...
- 5+ years of consulting experience in the energy industry.
- Experience evaluating a variety of HVAC and Controls systems including Central Energy Plants, chillers, boilers, commercial heating systems, unitary equipment, and open protocol Building Management Systems.
- Empathetic, positive attitude with a desire to help our customers reach their building systems goal.
- Understanding of the analytics and reporting used to measure energy efficiency in buildings, portfolios, and building systems.
- Ability to understand and communicate on complex building systems.
- Ability to clearly explain the impact, value, and steps required to execute complex technical concepts to onsite building engineers/operators and real estate executives.
- Exceptional communication skills, highly organized, collaborative and detail-oriented.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships, while working to mitigate churn and drive engagement and renewals.
- Passion for technology and for being a part of a fast-growing SaaS company.
- Strong leadership skills.
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering, System Engineering, or Energy Management.
- Certified Energy Manager certiﬁcation (beneficial).
- Professional Engineering license (beneficial).
Within 1 Month you will…
- Attend Infogrid On-Boarding Training.
- You’ll learn about all aspects of the business with sessions across the different functional groups within Infogrid.
- Learn pertinent internal tools (Google Apps, Slack, Zoom, Salesforce, Infogrid Platform).
- Learn about common Infogrid installation types and metering devices with which the implementations interact.
- Learn Infogrid's library of building systems recommendations.
- Shadow cadence calls held by Infogrid Senior Building Systems Engineers with onsite staff.
- Shadow calls across implementation and customer onboarding to build an understanding of customer implementations, methodology, key milestones, systems, processes, and differing integration needs.
- Learn about the various products we offer and how we interact cross-functionally with these teams.
Within 2 Months you will…
- Demonstrate product proﬁciency and understanding.
- Be assigned and begin servicing your own buildings and accounts.
- Work with the Account Executive and Engagement Managers to support new opportunities.
Within 6 Months you will…
- Be the product expert and the go-to technical resource for the Sales and Customer Success team.
- You will demonstrate proﬁciency and understanding of building operations from both cost and engineering perspectives.
- Work on enhancing existing solutions by rolling out new processes and tools to improve the efficiency of project generation and impact calculations.
- Provide technical expertise and support for the Product Team.
- Continuously learn and maintain your expert product knowledge as the Infogrid platform evolves and grows.
- Mentor new team members.
Within 12 Months you will…
- Have developed close relationships with customers and fellow Infogridders to get a deep appreciation for the management of real estate portfolios.
- Have oversight and ownership of dozens of real estate portfolios to coordinate and oversee project generation and implementation to provide continuing value to our customers.
- Own the ongoing interactions, priorities, and roadmap for existing solutions.
- Proactively identify, pilot and implement ways to increase efﬁciency in Building Systems Engineering processes; assess results and reﬁne.
- Help train new Building Systems Engineers.
Come save the world with us!
❤️ Feel good about your work: Infogrid is actively helping big companies reduce their environmental footprint. We also offset everyone’s carbon footprint.
🤸 We’re flexible: We encourage remote working and offer flexible working hours to everyone.
🌍 We're passionate: everyone is passionate about the mission and how the work we do helps our planet
Work with great people: work alongside incredibly talented and supportive within a small but mighty workforce
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to your recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.