Senior DevOps Engineer (L5)
Remote · United Kingdom
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
🌳 Infogrid began in 2018 on a mission to make buildings more sustainable, buildings account for 39% of global carbon emissions and we’re creating real solutions to impact this!
🚀 We have amazing products solving real world problems, come and join us in either the UK or US and help drive our mission forward.
The DevOps team at Infogrid looks after our core infrastructure, CICD standards, observability and cloud security. Being a startup, things always move fast which means we get to work on new and exciting challenges all the time. Currently we are focusing heavily on the optimisation of our infrastructure - we run containerised workloads in ECS but we have the opportunity to explore alternatives.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to help us navigate complex challenges and improve our self-serve developer platform. Our goal is to enable engineers across the tech org to deliver high-quality software efficiently and reliably, as well as improving our observability to gain insights into the behavior and performance of our systems, all underpinned by well-managed infrastructure.
Make a difference in our team and revolutionise the industry!
What will you be doing day-to-day?
- Design and implement architectural decisions to ensure our infrastructure can support our scalability and reliability needs while maintaining cost efficiency.
- Develop tools and frameworks to streamline processes and improve the efficiency of our software development lifecycle.
- Configure monitoring and observability to identify bottlenecks and issues and ensure high performance across our systems.
What we think you'll need to be a success
- Experience managing containerised workloads on AWS and/or other cloud providers, using Infrastructure-as-Code tools, such as Terraform.
- Strong programming skills (Python, Go and/or other).
- In-depth understanding of how to collect and analyse metrics, logs and traces, as well as observability tools and frameworks, such as OpenTelemetry, Prometheus, ELK, etc.
- Knowledge around security best practices, focusing on encryption, network security, vulnerability management and compliance standards.
- Proactive in identifying opportunities to enhance system efficiency, reliability and scalability, as well as eager to lead and mentor other engineers.
Come save the world with us!
❤️ Feel good about your work: Infogrid is actively helping big companies reduce their environmental footprint. We also offset everyone’s carbon footprint.
🤸 We’re flexible: We encourage remote working and offer flexible working hours to everyone.
🌍 We're passionate: everyone is passionate about the mission and how the work we do helps our planet
Work with great people: work alongside incredibly talented and supportive within a small but mighty workforce
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to your recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.