Data Science Assistant - Internship
Welcome to Homa, the gaming technology lab taking the industry by storm! Our team of over 200 people, hailing from more than 35 different countries, is dedicated to empowering mobile game creators worldwide to bring their creative ideas to the top charts.
Our Homa Lab platform offers a comprehensive suite of cutting-edge tools that allow developers to stay on top of the latest trends, test new features in real time, and easily distribute and monetize their games. Our success speaks for itself - our apps have been downloaded over 1 billion times!
Since our inception, we have raised $165 million in total from prominent investors, including Headline, Northzone, Eurazeo, Singular, Quadrille Capital, Fabric Ventures, and Bpifrance. We have also received support from renowned business angels, such as the founders of King, Sorare, and Spotify founders.
But what really makes Homa special is our team. We are a diverse group of artists, business developers, engineers, entrepreneurs, and former strategy consultants who all share the same passion for taking over the gaming industry. When you become part of Homa, you'll join a dedicated team that creates innovative and high-performing games that resonate with players worldwide.
If you're ready to take your career to the next level and make a real impact in the company, then Homa is the perfect place for you. Join us and let's create the future of gaming together!
Meet the team 👩👩👧👧
You will join the Data department organized into:
- A Data Platform Team with 5 data engineers who are ingesting large amounts of data from multiple different sources, creating and maintaining a core data model that aims at making data standardized, reliable, and easily available.
- An Analytics & Data Science Team with 6 Data Analysts and Scientists exploiting our data for:
- Game Analytics
- User Acquisition and Marketing Analytics
- Market Inteligence Analytics
- Ops Analytics
Role and Missions - What you will do 🚀
As a Data Scientist Intern, your mission will be to work on Life Time Value (LTV) Prediction models. LTV prediction is a key module of our Marketing Analytics Squad as it enables us to evaluate quickly the profitability of our campaign. Although we already have a few models in production the goal here will be to research completely different algorithms.
Preferred Experience—What's your profile
If you recognize yourself in the following description, you're the one!
- You are currently pursuing an MSc. in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or Data Science at a top Engineering School (X, Mines, CentraleSupelec, Ponts, Telecom, ENSAE).
- You have a minimum of 6 months of internship experience in the role of a Data Scientist.
- You are proficient in a core technical toolkit for Machine Learning (SQL, Python, and Unix.)
- Your analytical abilities are exceptional, and you exhibit a knack for creative problem-solving.
- You embrace a proactive mindset, ready to take on tasks beyond your job description if they can make a positive impact.
- Fluency in English is an absolute requirement.
- Enrolled in a university that can provide an Internship Agreement and available for a 6-month onsite internship in Paris.
Our Culture - Who we are🪐
At Homa, we are building a community of brilliant talents. We believe that true innovation comes from diversity and collaboration, and that's why we prioritize brainpower and determination over formal education. So if you have the talent, energy, and motivation, there is no obstacle to your success here.
As the creative experts behind the platform, we provide developers with the data they need to bring their ideas to life. Our team lives by three central values that guide everything we do:
✨Ambition: we're not afraid to tackle difficult challenges and set our goals extremely high. We're on a mission to revolutionize an industry dominated by well-established companies, and we won't stop until we succeed.
✨Humility: we leave our pride & ego aside. We are always ready to lend a helping hand, celebrate each other's successes, and learn from our failures. As Mr. Lamar said, "Sit down. Be humble."
✨Curiosity: we keep our minds open and never stop learning. We believe that questioning everything is the best way to stay ahead of the curve, and we encourage all our team members to stay curious and never stop exploring new ideas.
At Homa, you'll be challenged, supported, and inspired every day, and we can't wait to see what you bring to the table.
Perks & Benefits - What we offer 🎁
While success is its own reward, here are some of the benefits that come with working at Homa:
- We offer essential benefits: including health insurance, meal vouchers, public transport subsidies, childcare benefits, and life insurance
- Working from our newly renovated Paris HQ with a rooftop garden and WeWork amenities, we have a desk waiting for you
- You will be working in English with our international team of top-tier talents from 35+ countries
- You will be able to attend diverse team events and Workations (the famous company-wide Homa trip)