Senior Game Designer - Publishing
Welcome to Homa, the gaming technology lab that is taking the industry by storm!
Our team of over 200 people, hailing from more than 35 different countries, is dedicated to empowering mobile game creators worldwide to bring their creative ideas to the top charts.
Our Homa Lab platform offers a comprehensive suite of cutting-edge tools that allow developers to stay on top of the latest trends, test new features in real time, and easily distribute and monetize their games. Our success speaks for itself - our apps have been downloaded over 1 billion times!
Since our inception, we have raised $165 million in total from prominent investors, including Headline, Northzone, Eurazeo, Singular, Quadrille Capital, Fabric Ventures, and Bpifrance. We have also received support from renowned business angels, such as the founders of King, Sorare, and Spotify founders.
But what really makes Homa special is our team. We are a diverse group of artists, business developers, engineers, entrepreneurs, and former strategy consultants who all share the same passion for taking over the gaming industry. When you become part of Homa, you'll be joining a dedicated team that creates innovative and high-performing games that resonate with players worldwide.
If you're ready to take your career to the next level and make a real impact in the company, then Homa is the perfect place for you. Join us and let's create the future of gaming together!
Role and Missions — What you will do 🚀
We are looking for a Senior Game Designer to support our Publishing team when building games in Prototyping and Pre-publishing phases with our great partner studios. As the market moves towards more complex products to increase LTV, in both the Hypercasual and Hybridcasual segments, you will be our in-house expert who will support the team in designing more robust products.
Working on many projects at the same time, your mission will be the following:
- Write the specifications cycle of games in terms of design in the development phase from ideation to launch
- Propose plans to improve key metrics through play-testing, reading player feedback and analyzing data
- Design core mechanics / loop for our next hypercasual & hybridcasual hits
- Design meta game and economy systems for those gams and validate results with analytics tools
- Identify spots to polish in moment-to-moment gameplay experiences with great attention to detail
- Provide guidelines and specifications to artists for art direction and UI creation
- Pre-design product design documents / roadmaps for new products emerging on the market
If you have ambition for creating games that reach massive audiences as well as a constant desire to improve, we want to hear from you. Apply now to join a dynamic and growing company!
- Extensive experience (> 4 years) working and playing F2P mobile games of various genres
- Strong experience building game design from 0 to 1
- Strong track record in hypercasual & casual gaming (> 2 successful games released)
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills; able to work effectively in data-driven environment
- Solid experience in working with spreadsheets
- Experience in creating detailed usable mockups
- Fluent in English
Our Culture - Who we are🪐
At Homa, we are building a community of brilliant talents. We believe that true innovation comes from diversity and collaboration, and that's why we prioritize brainpower and determination over formal education. So if you have the talent, energy and motivation, there is no obstacle to your success here.
As the creative experts behind the platform, we provide developers with the data they need to bring their ideas to life. Our team lives by three central values that guide everything we do:
✨Ambition: we're not afraid to tackle difficult challenges and set our goals extremely high. We're on a mission to revolutionize an industry dominated by well-established companies, and we won't stop until we succeed.
✨Humility: we leave our pride & ego aside. We are always ready to lend a helping hand, celebrate each other's successes, and learn from our failures. As Mr. Lamar said, "Sit down. Be humble."
✨Curiosity: we keep our minds open and never stop learning. We believe that questioning everything is the best way to stay ahead of the curve, and we encourage all our team members to stay curious and never stop exploring new ideas.
At Homa, you'll be challenged, supported, and inspired every day, and we can't wait to see what you bring to the table.
While success is its own reward, here are some of the benefits that come with working at Homa:
- We offer essential benefits in France and specific locations, including health insurance, meal vouchers, public transport subsidies, childcare benefits, and life insurance
- If you're interested in working from our newly renovated Paris HQ with a rooftop garden and WeWork amenities, we have a desk waiting for you
- You will be working in English with our international team of top-tier talents from 35+ countries
- You will have quarterly reviews with your manager to reflect on your performance, celebrate wins, and receive constructive feedback
- You will be able to attend diverse team events and Workations (the famous company-wide Homa trip).