Senior Game Designer - Live Games
Welcome to Homa, the gaming technology lab that is taking the industry by storm! Our team of over 200 people, hailing from more than 35 different countries, is dedicated to empowering mobile game creators worldwide to bring their creative ideas to the top charts.
Our Homa Lab platform offers a comprehensive suite of cutting-edge tools that allow developers to stay on top of the latest trends, test new features in real-time, and easily distribute and monetize their games. Our success speaks for itself - our apps have been downloaded over 1 billion times!
Since our inception, we have raised $165 million in total from prominent investors, including Headline, Northzone, Eurazeo, Singular, Quadrille Capital, Fabric Ventures, and Bpifrance. We have also received support from renowned business angels, such as the founders of King, Sorare and Spotify founders.
But what really makes Homa special is our team. We are a diverse group of artists, business developers, engineers, entrepreneurs, and former strategy consultants who all share the same passion for taking over the gaming industry. When you become part of Homa, you'll be joining a dedicated team that creates innovative and high-performing games that resonate with players worldwide.
If you're ready to take your career to the next level and make a real impact in the company, then Homa is the perfect place for you. Join us and let's create the future of gaming together!
Role and Missions — What you will do 🚀
As a Senior Game Designer, you’ll be responsible for crafting a world-leading player experience and content. You’ll deliver fun and high-performing content to our players around the world and create new gameplay elements and use data to analyze, tune and improve work.
In this position, you will need to lead, invent, get things done by taking an idea and turn it into reality. More concretely, your responsibilities will be the following:
- Create best-in-class casual content that’s in line with our design pillars, to excite and engage players.
- Playtest your own and other teammates’ designs to ensure quality and consistency of gameplay.
- Provide and document feedback to other team members’ designs.
- Iterate your content based on feedback provided in playtest sessions.
- Use data to inform and balance existing content and form hypotheses and direction for future content.
- Work with all relevant cross-functional teams (R&D, Designers, BI/BA, etc.) to guarantee smooth, efficient implementation
If you’re creative, ambitious, and up for taking over the industry, we want you on our team.
- Significant experience in a Game Design or Content Design roles
- Strong passion for gaming, particularly with regards to casual mobile games
- Mover & shaker, who adapts well to a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- A problem solver – highly inventive thinker that will provide insightful, innovative solutions to any problem
- Solid grasp of design methodologies and up-to-date knowledge of the casual audiences, markets and player motivations.
- Ability to create high quality content for a mass audience under strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and can clearly and effectively communicate feedback and design ideas.
- Strong self-driven work ethic and ability to work effectively within an agile team environment.
Our Culture—Who we are🪐
At Homa, we are building a community of brilliant talents. We believe that true innovation comes from diversity and collaboration, and that's why we prioritize brainpower and determination over formal education. So if you have the talent, energy and motivation, there is no obstacle to your success here.
As the creative experts behind the platform, we provide developers with the data they need to bring their ideas to life. Our team lives by three central values that guide everything we do:
✨Ambition: we're not afraid to tackle difficult challenges and set our goals extremely high. We're on a mission to revolutionize an industry dominated by well-established companies, and we won't stop until we succeed.
✨Humility: we leave our pride & ego aside. We are always ready to lend a helping hand, celebrate each other's successes, and learn from our failures. As Mr. Lamar said, "Sit down. Be humble."
✨Curiosity: we keep our minds open and never stop learning. We believe that questioning everything is the best way to stay ahead of the curve, and we encourage all our team members to stay curious and never stop exploring new ideas.
At Homa, you'll be challenged, supported, and inspired every day, and we can't wait to see what you bring to the table.
While success is its own reward, here are some of the benefits that come with working at Homa:
- We offer essential benefits in France and specific locations, including health insurance, meal vouchers, public transport subsidies, childcare benefits, and life insurance
- If you're interested in working from our newly renovated Paris HQ with a rooftop garden and WeWork amenities, we have a desk waiting for you
- You will be working in English with our international team of top-tier talents from 35+ countries
- You will have quarterly reviews with your manager to reflect on your performance, celebrate wins, and receive constructive feedback
You will be able to attend diverse team events and Workations (the famous company-wide Homa trip).