Senior Engineering Manager - Data Engineering (f/m/d)
Senior Engineering Manager - Data Engineering (f/m/d)
Holidu is a fast growing travel-tech company with travel enthusiasts from 60+ nations. Together, we are striving to revolutionize the vacation rental industry by helping hosts to manage their vacation rental with ease and guests to find the perfect holiday home they truly enjoy. In October 2022, we secured €100 million Series E funding, allowing us to constantly improve our services and achieve the next milestone on our journey. Our team is united by a passion for modern technologies, an ambition for constant improvement and the drive to bring the best experience to more than 100 million users each year. Want to achieve amazing milestones with us? Then pack your bag, hop on board and get ready for take off!
Your future team
- You will be responsible for the Data Engineering team in the Business Intelligence department. The team is in charge of creating, maintaining and refining the core data pipeline tools, including the Data Warehouse and Data Lake, and to support some core pipelines on top of that. Your team will support the organization to answer all its data need.
- You will take on the responsibility to create of enabling a DataMesh based approach to support different teams in leveraging the data to create data driven applications.
- You will be working in close collaboration with the data analytics and data science teams to further enable them leveraging the tools you have built.
Our Tech Stack
Rich Data Environment: We use Airflow as a scheduler and Data Build Tool (dbt-core) to craft efficient data pipelines with an extensively customized setup leveraging the flexibility of Python. Utilizing Redshift, Athena and DuckDB, we interact with data seamlessly. Our Redshift setup employs a decentralized structure via Data Sharing, enhancing flexibility and scalability. Common data warehouse tasks are automated through the adept use of Spring Boot CLI, streamlining operations and ensuring efficiency.
Leveraging Serverless Architecture: We embrace serverless architecture using the Serverless Framework and Python, deploying lambdas and endpoints to facilitate dynamic and responsive interactions with data lake, such as real time partitions indexing of Hive tables.
Comprehensive Cloud and DevOps Integration: Our tech arsenal includes Terraform, Docker, Jenkins forming a robust foundation for cloud-based development and seamless DevOps integration.
Detailed Monitoring Capabilities: Monitoring is a top priority, and we employ ELK, Grafana, Looker, OpsGenie and internally developed technologies to ensure real-time visibility into system performance and data workflows.
Your role in this journey
- Lead a high-performing cross-functional team with a strong focus on product, velocity, quality, engineering culture and growth of the team.
- Define the team's OKRs together with the Head of BI, and provide upward stakeholder management to ensure alignment.
- Take responsibility for the delivery and smooth operation of features empowering stakeholders to make informed decisions and develop data driven applications affecting 100 million users each month.
- Collaborate with peers, staff engineers, heads of other departments and other stakeholders to drive strategic technology decisions.
- Seek cost-efficient solutions while maintaining high standards of quality (SLA).
- Manage the cloud budget, resources, and technology investments to ensure alignment with strategic objectives.
- Lead strategic team-driven projects, identify opportunities, uphold quality standards, mentor engineers, and participate in the hiring process.
- Focus on the growth of your team by offering consistent and valuable feedback and recruiting new engineers.
- Foster healthy discussions in the team, shape goals and adhere to “disagree and commit” principle by promoting open discussions to harness diverse perspectives in order to reach better decisions while ultimately leading to unified actions.
- Foster collaborations with C-suite executives, product leaders, and external partners to align data initiatives with enterprise goals.
- Foster a positive team culture aligned with company values, emphasizing ownership, autonomy, and inclusivity.
Your backpack is filled with
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience building and implementing Lakehouse architectures in AWS or other similar setups.
- Experience providing technical leadership (e.g., setting goals and priorities, architecture design, task planning and code reviews).
- Experience as a people manager with the ability to build an excellent team culture based on mutual respect, empathy, learning and support for each other.
- A dedication to code and data reliability and quality.
Our adventure includes
- Have an impact on the millions of people using our product every month.
- Grow with responsibility from day 1 and develop yourself further through regular feedback, workshops and knowledge exchange.
- Use your personal development budget and 2 extra days off to enhance your professional skills by visiting conferences, buying books, attending courses and more.
- Connect and have fun with international, diverse and yet like-minded people at work, regular events and weekly office days with your team.
- Get to know the world with our flexible home office policy and the opportunity to work from other local offices.
- Go traveling for 28 vacation days + the possibility to take up to 10 unpaid vacation days with interesting discounts on our Holidu Homes.
- Get a sneak peek at the adventure that awaits you on Instagram @lifeatholidu.
Want to travel with us?
We champion diversity in every aspect of life. We encourage applications from all genders, corners of the world and individual backgrounds. Please feel welcome to submit your application without a photo and details on your gender, date of birth, marital status and nationality. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.