DevOps Engineer (f/m/d)
DevOps Engineer (f/m/d)
Holidu is a fast growing travel-tech company with travel enthusiasts from 60+ nations. Together, we are thriving to revolutionize the vacation rental industry by helping hosts to manage their vacation rental with ease and guests to find the perfect holiday home they truly enjoy. In October 2022, we secured €100 million Series E funding, allowing us to constantly improve our services and achieve the next milestone on our journey. Our team is united by a passion for modern technologies, an ambition for constant improvement and the drive to bring the best experience to more than 100 million users each year. Want to achieve amazing milestones with us? Then pack your bag, hop on board and get ready for take off!
Your future team
The DevOps team at Holidu is a central team across the entire tech organization, responsible for creating and maintaining the infrastructure that powers all of our products and services. Your team is a group of professionals who are passionate about automating processes, implementing cutting edge DevOps toolsets, enhancing system reliability and optimizing the DevOps processes.
As an Intermediate DevOps Engineer you will join our DevOps team, dedicated to building and maintaining a production grade, high available infrastructure. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to enable the seamless delivery and operations.
Our Tech Stack
- Public cloud providers (AWS).
- Container Orchestrations (Kubernetes with Helm).
- Infrastructure as a Code (Pulumi, CDK or Terraform/OpenTofu + Terragrunt).
- Monitoring (Prometheus and Grafana).
- Logging Systems (OpenSearch & Elastic Stack).
- CI/CD (Jenkins, Github Actions, Tekton or Argo).
- Scripting (preferably Python and Bash).
- Version control System (Github).
- Jira as our Agile collaboration tool.
Your role in this journey
- Implement and maintain infrastructure as code for efficient resource provisioning.
- Manage and optimize a variety of AWS services including networking, databases, EKS, Elasticache, S3 etc to ensure system reliability and performance.
- Oversee Kubernetes clusters, addressing upgrades, maintenance, debugging, scaling, and load management of clusters to support application reliability and scalability.
- Configure and maintain monitoring solutions, with a focus on Grafana and Prometheus, to ensure comprehensive visibility into system performance. Experience with other monitoring setups is also valuable.
- Maintain logging solution, particularly the Elastic Stack and Opensearch, to centralize and analyze logs. Proficiency with alternative logging setups is a plus.
- Maintain and enhance CI/CD pipelines, automating deployments, and ensuring a seamless software delivery process. Experience in setting up CICD solutions from scratch is a plus.
- Automate various tasks using Bash, Shell scripting, and Python to improve operational efficiency and reduce manual intervention in routine processes.
- Detect vulnerabilities in security and address them proactively.
- Recommend strategies for optimizing costs of entire infrastructure.
Your backpack is filled with
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in DevOps.
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience with AWS, including EC2, RDS, VPC, and various AWS services.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience with infrastructure as code (IaC) using tools like Terraform.
- Familiarity with CI/CD workflow, monitoring and logging.
- Experience in scripting and automation skills (e.g., Python, Bash).
- Proficiency with version control systems, such as Git.
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex issues.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
- You are a good team player.
Our adventure includes
- Have an impact on the millions of people using our product every month.
- Grow with responsibility from day 1 and develop yourself further through regular feedback, workshops and knowledge exchange.
- Use your personal development budget and 2 extra days off to enhance your professional skills by visiting conferences, buying books, attending courses and more.
- Connect and have fun with international, diverse and yet like-minded people at work, regular events and weekly office days with your team.
- Get to know the world with our flexible home office policy and the opportunity to work from other local offices.
- Go traveling for 28 vacation days + the possibility to take up to 10 unpaid vacation days with interesting discounts on our Bookiply properties.
- Get a sneak peek at the adventure that awaits you on Instagram @lifeatholidu.
Want to travel with us?
We champion diversity in every aspect of life. We encourage applications from all genders, corners of the world and individual backgrounds. Please feel welcome to submit your application without a photo and details on your gender, date of birth, marital status and nationality. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.