Technical Lead (Java) - Bookiply (f/m/d)
Technical Lead (Java) - Bookiply (f/m/d)
Holidu is a fast growing travel-tech company with travel enthusiasts from 60+ nations. Together, we are thriving to revolutionize the vacation rental industry by helping hosts to manage their vacation rental with ease and guests to find the perfect holiday home they truly enjoy. In October 2022, we secured €100 million Series E funding, allowing us to constantly improve our services and achieve the next milestone on our journey. Our team is united by a passion for modern technologies, an ambition for constant improvement and the drive to bring the best experience to more than 100 million users each year. Want to achieve amazing milestones with us? Then pack your bag, hop on board and get ready for take off!
Your future team
- Bookiply is our software and service solution for vacation rental owners (hosts) to manage and distribute their properties more efficiently.
- Your department is an international group of 40 Developers, Designers, Product Managers and QAs.
- You and your teammates will focus on creating a best-in-class tool to help our hosts manage their properties effortlessly. You and your team are responsible for bringing new features to the Bookiply app, and services, and delivering a great user experience to our hosts and internal users.
Our Tech Stack
- Backend applications are written in Java 11+ and Kotlin (with Spring Boot).
- Deployed as microservices on AWS-hosted Kubernetes cluster (EKS).
- Internal and external web applications written with ReactJS.
- Event-driven communication between services through ActiveMQ.
- Usage of a diverse set of technologies depending on the use case such as PostgreSQL, SQS, S3, Redis, ElasticSearch, GraphQL, and many more.
- Monitoring with Grafana, Prometheus, ELK, and CloudWatch.
Your role in this journey
- As Technical Lead, you will be responsible for the functional and disciplinary leadership of a cross-functional team of around 4 engineers. Together with your team, you will implement innovative technical solutions across our systems used by hosts or internal stakeholders (Sales, Account Managers, Customer Happiness). Hosts expect the best tool for their perfect vacation rental property, and the stakeholders have ambitious growth targets. It’s your team’s task to support both stakeholder groups with technical solutions and innovations.
- Work closely with your engineers to develop high-quality solutions in cross-functional projects. This includes both leading the implementation of new features to support our growth, as well as ensuring all of the existing processes work correctly and efficiently.
- Tackle team tasks by dedicating a significant portion of your time to active coding.
- Ensure our applications are stable and highly scalable, able to support the high growth trajectory of the company.
- Focus on the growth of your team by offering continuous constructive feedback, supporting and encouraging them on their growth path, and recruiting new engineers.
- Work closely with product management, product design, and stakeholders to understand the business context and define the team's goals and roadmap.
- Collaborate with peers, staff engineers, and other stakeholders to drive strategic technology decisions.
- Foster a culture of ownership, autonomy, and inclusivity within your team and the entire department.
Your backpack is filled with
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Proven track record as a successful software engineer building backend and/or frontend applications.
- Experience providing technical leadership (e.g., setting goals and priorities, architecture design, task planning, and code reviews).
- Experience as an (informal) team leader, with the ability to build an excellent team culture based on mutual respect, empathy, learning, and support for each other.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills. Able to deal with ambiguity and clarify through communication.
- Candidates who are currently in a (senior) engineering role but are looking to take a step toward engineering management are welcome to apply.
Our adventure includes
- Have an impact on the millions of people using our product every month.
- Grow with responsibility from day 1 and develop yourself further through regular feedback, workshops and knowledge exchange.
- Use your personal development budget and 2 extra days off to enhance your professional skills by visiting conferences, buying books, attending courses and more.
- Connect and have fun with international, diverse and yet like-minded people at work, regular events and weekly office days with your team.
- Get to know the world with our flexible home office policy and the opportunity to work from other local offices.
- Go traveling for 28 vacation days + the possibility to take up to 10 unpaid vacation days with interesting discounts on our Bookiply properties.
- Get a sneak peek at the adventure that awaits you on Instagram @lifeatholidu.
Want to travel with us?
We champion diversity in every aspect of life. We encourage applications from all genders, corners of the world and individual backgrounds. Please feel welcome to submit your application without a photo and details on your gender, date of birth, marital status and nationality. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.