Principal Gameplay Engineer
Principal Gameplay Engineer
We're making a football game
GOALS is our attempt to give football the game it deserves. A fair game, that is a reflection of football, rather than the football industry. We want to make a game that’s fun right away, without players having to invest a fortune.
It’s a game about winning, but one where victory comes in more forms than simply winning matches. Focus on trick shots, design awesome t-shirts or create an arena that inspires greatness. No two players will be on the same journey.
GOALS is for everyone, like football can and should be. It’s for the casuals and the pros. For the players, the managers and the fans. It’s for the designers, the audience and the divas. For everyone who loves the game itself or anything surrounding it. GOALS is football.
Welcome to the engineering team
GOALS is gameplay-first, which means that game mechanics and responsiveness are of utmost importance. As a principal gameplay programmer, you will be working with various types of core game mechanics to create a fun, fast, and rewarding gaming experience. You will work in one of our cross-functional teams and collaborate closely with other engineers, game designers, and artists. We use C++ in Unreal Engine 5.
At GOALS, you will...
- Implement new and improve existing core game mechanics (anything from dribbling and animations to ball physics and AI)
- Work with multiplayer features in our data-oriented architecture
- Engage in design and architectural decisions
- Support more junior gameplay engineers
Ideally you have...
- 8+ years of professional experience in C++
- Shipped game titles before
- Knowledge and experience in a game engine like Unreal, Frostbite, Unity DOTS, or Source
- Experience with multiplayer and console games
About the Employment
The position is permanent and you can work from our Stockholm office, hybrid or fully remote from anywhere in Europe. It is important that you are able to communicate unhindered in verbal/written English.
For this position we do not offer relocation assistance.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth, working at GOALS has many other benefits like occupational pension, 30 days PTO, flexible work hours, stock options and more. Learn more here.
For this role, we would like you to include:
- LinkedIn profile, CV or any other document that showcases your experience
- Link to Github(if applicable)
We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t feel that you tick all the boxes. You just might be exactly what we need, even if we haven’t understood it yet. GOALS is still a young company and we change quickly. But one thing that never changes is our conviction that we need a diverse studio environment, filled with different perspectives and skills.
- Remote (within Europe), Stockholm
- Remote Work
- Optional Remote
GOALS is a remote-first game studio, with HQ in Stockholm. We’re developing the biggest thing happening to football since, well, the football.