Senior Software Engineer, Backend
With a mission to build the world’s leading global live TV streaming platform with the greatest breadth of premium content and interactivity, FuboTV Inc. (NYSE: FUBO) aims to transcend the industry’s current TV model. Fubo operates in the U.S., Canada, France and Spain. The company also has a growing technology center in Bangalore, India that is developing strategic product and technology features for the global Fubo platform.
We’re rapidly growing in employees, subscribers, and content offerings! Which means we need your help taking us to the next level.
Fubo is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
About the Role:
Fubo is looking for a Backend Senior Software Engineer for its product development team.
As a member of the product development team, you will get to work on internal and client platforms facing APIs.
This team is responsible for incrementally building new features in multi-disciplinary squads including Product Management, QA, frontend and backend developers for all our supported platforms (Smart TV, web, mobile, roku, apple TV) through our agile delivery framework.
We are looking for Software Engineers who care about quality, uptime, performance in a highly distributed microservice oriented architecture and take accountability for releasing in production.
Our unique backend-driven approach makes this role impactful and critical as most of the customer experience is controlled by our APIs and abstraction layers.
You will report to a Backend Engineering manager.
Our tech stack:
- Go for microservices
- Docker and Kubernetes
- PostgreSQL, Redis
- 5+ years of experience delivering production-quality software (ideally in a strongly-typed language)
- Ability to collaborate with other engineers to determine priorities, best practices, and refine functional and non-functional requirements by always trying to keep things simple and future proof
- Self-motivated nature and ability to drive projects to completion
- Enjoy learning new things and sharing knowledge with coworkers
- Take the initiative in identifying and removing roadblocks as well as improving our tooling
- Be a pleasure to work with in a professional environment
- Be comfortable giving and receiving honest feedback
Nice to have:
- Experience building reliable backend services in the cloud (e.g. GCP, AWS)
- Familiarity with modern code-deployment toolchains (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
Perks & Benefits:
- At Fubo, you will have the opportunity to personally influence what live media looks like after it goes through its next big transformation
- Fubo provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards
- Robust benefit package including Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, and commuter benefits
- Free Premium Fubo Account
- Health and Wellness initiatives
- Unlimited PTO days and regular company-wide activities.
- Fubo's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan, with offices Denver, Paris, and Bangalore
- Fubo is an e-verified company
Fubo’s minimum base salary for this role if hired in New York City is $150,000 per year; maximum base salary for this role is $200,000 per year. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Fubo's equity plan, annual cash bonus plans, unlimited PTO, and a full range of medical benefits. This role may also be available to candidates outside of the New York City area. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations.