Software Engineer, Streaming Media Content
With a mission to build the world’s leading global live TV streaming platform with the greatest breadth of premium content and interactivity, FuboTV Inc. (NYSE: FUBO) aims to transcend the industry’s current TV model. Fubo operates in the U.S., Canada, France and Spain. The company also has a growing technology center in Bangalore, India that is developing strategic product and technology features for the global Fubo platform.
We’re rapidly growing in employees, subscribers, and content offerings! Which means we need your help taking us to the next level.
Fubo is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
About the Role:
Fubo is looking for an exceptional Backend Software Engineer with a passion for crafting simple systems that solve complex problems.
As a Software Engineer on our Streaming Media Content Team, you will get to build highly-available systems, ingest troves of data, and help power our cutting edge experiences on Android, iOS, Web, Roku, and Xbox. Fubo's backend team has a unique opportunity to build and continuously improve greenfield services.
We are looking for Software Engineers who care about code quality, uptime, performance, continuous deployment, SOLID design principles, test-driven development, and agile (with a lowercase “a”) methodologies.
Our tech stack:
- Go/Golang ,Ruby, Python
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Redis, and PostgreSQL
Fubo Software Engineers have the following responsibilities:
- Architect, design, develop, test, maintain and improve software systems
- Collaborate with other engineers and members of the Fubo team to determine priorities and best practices, and refine functional requirements
All Fubo Backend Software Engineers must:
- Have 4+ years of experience in delivering working software
- Write clean, well-tested code
- Multitasking and context switching working environment.
- Working with and Interfacing internal and external teams.
- Experiencing in utilizing cloud technologies
- Knowledge of broadcast TV channel and program metadata will be helpful.
- Be familiar with REST APIs and SQL
- Be familiar with TCP/UDP over IPv4//v6 networking
- Have mastery of at least one modern backend stack, with a willingness to learn new technologies and methodologies
- Have an interest or experience in Go, message queues, and/or microservices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Information Systems (CIS) or related field or equivalent as determined by a professional credentials evaluation is preferred
The ideal candidate will also:
- Enjoy working in a fast-moving startup environment in which individual contributors are trusted and depended upon to set technical direction
- Believe that work-life balance is a characteristic of highly functioning engineering teams
- Enjoy learning new things and sharing knowledge with coworkers
- Take the initiative in identifying and removing roadblocks
- Be a pleasure to work with in a professional environment
- Be comfortable giving and receiving honest feedback
- Be unafraid of failure
- Enjoy disrupting the status quo
- SRE experience is a plus
- Be familiar with streaming media protocols and video workflows
Perks & Benefits:
- At Fubo, you will have the opportunity to personally influence what live media looks like after it goes through its next big transformation
- Professional development courses and learning opportunities
- Fubo provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards
- Robust benefit package including Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, and commuter benefits
- Free Premium Fubo Account
- Health and Wellness initiatives
- Unlimited PTO days and regular company-wide activities.
- Fubo's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan, with offices in Denver, Paris, and Bangalore
- Fubo is an e-verified company
Fubo’s minimum base salary for this role if hired in New York City is $140,000 per year; maximum base salary for this role is $185,000 per year. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Fubo's equity plan, unlimited PTO, and a full range of medical benefits. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations. This role is also available to candidates outside of the New York City area: different salary minimum and maximum compensation ranges may apply based on applicable market data and other factors at the company’s sole discretion.