Engineering Manager - Data Engineering
With a mission to build the world’s leading global live TV streaming platform with the greatest breadth of premium content and interactivity, FuboTV Inc. (NYSE: FUBO) aims to transcend the industry’s current TV model. Fubo operates in the U.S., Canada, France and Spain. The company also has a growing technology center in Bangalore, India that is developing strategic product and technology features for the global Fubo platform.
We’re rapidly growing in employees, subscribers, and content offerings! Which means we need your help taking us to the next level.
Fubo is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
About the team:
At Fubo, we pride ourselves on being a data-driven organization. The Data Engineering team builds systems that form the backbone of our data collection and distribution capabilities; driving business critical functions such as Business Analytics, Personalization, Product analysis, Marketing & Finance, and Ads teams.
This team is responsible for collecting all first party data, data validation and quality, data warehousing, third party data integrations, internal systems data integrations, analytics engineering, and certain financial reporting systems. We collect ~2B events each day, using Go services, kafka, batch and streaming big data pipelines.
About the role:
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to manage a global team of high performing engineers; provide technical and product leadership while effectively partnering with various stakeholders.
You will play a critical role in building out our next generation data collection and distribution platform to support our Unified Platform strategy - a singular app that can be deployed across multiple markets, with a keen focus on performance, scalability and cost.
Our Data offerings serve as a critical resource for various functions within the company. You will collaborate closely with Product and Business leaders to build consensus, manage expectations effectively, and ensure successful product implementations.
- Own primary responsibility for the success and long-term vision of the Data Engineering team.
- Prioritize work for your team, ensuring on-time deliverables and high-quality software.
- Provide hands-on technical management, guidance, and support including system/design/code review, and ultimately be responsible for the health and performance of the systems your team builds.
- Lead recruiting, interviewing, hiring decisions, onboarding, and mentoring of new engineers as required.
- Collaborate with leaders and stakeholders in other departments, such as Product, Ad Ops, Marketing, Business Analytics, and other Engineering teams, to achieve shared goals.
- 8+ years experience as a software engineer and 3+ years leading medium to large software engineering teams.
- Proven experience building large-scale distributed systems with SOA or microservices architecture.
- Deep understanding and experience with big data systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication
- BS and/or MS in Computer Science or related field
Our tech stack:
- Go/Golang, Scala, Python
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Kafka, PubSub, Memcache, Bigtable, BigQuery
- Apache Beam
- Tableau, React Native
Perks & Benefits:
- At Fubo, you will have the opportunity to personally influence what live media looks like after it goes through its next big transformation
- Professional development courses and learning opportunities
- Fubo provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards
- Robust benefit package including Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, and commuter benefits
- Free Premium Fubo Account
- Health and Wellness initiatives
- Unlimited PTO days and regular company-wide activities.
- Fubo's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan, with offices in Denver, Paris, and Bangalore
- Fubo is an e-verified company
Fubo’s minimum base salary for this role if hired in New York City is $200,000 per year; maximum base salary for this role is $230,000 per year. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Fubo's equity plan, annual cash bonus plan, unlimited PTO, and a full range of medical benefits. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations.