Streaming Media Support Engineer
With a mission to build the world’s leading global live TV streaming platform with the greatest breadth of premium content and interactivity, FuboTV Inc. (NYSE: FUBO) aims to transcend the industry’s current TV model. Fubo operates in the U.S., Canada, France and Spain. The company also has a growing technology center in Bangalore, India that is developing strategic product and technology features for the global Fubo platform.
We’re rapidly growing in employees, subscribers, and content offerings! Which means we need your help taking us to the next level.
Fubo is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
*OUR HEADQUARTERS IS LOCATED IN NEW YORK CITY, BUT WE ARE OPEN TO REMOTE EMPLOYEES FOR THIS ROLE*
About the role:
Fubo is looking for a Streaming Support Engineer to join our team. This position is responsible for monitoring and break/fix of Fubo’s managed video infrastructure. The Streaming Support Engineer may work in a shifted environment or on-call as needed to support Fubo’s customers 24x7.
- Operations Support for our MVPD-based LIVE and VOD ABR video encoding and packaging systems
- Responsible for making sure our acquisition and encoding infrastructure is always in a healthy state
- Managing live and exclusive content events
- Respond to and troubleshoot missing incoming ad signals
- Providing break/fix and analysis throughout our video workflow
- Working with internal/external teams to mitigate and resolve any issues related to video
- Perform routine maintenance (sometimes overnight)
- Able to work in a shifted 24x7 operations environment
- Familiarity with different CDN vendors and their systems (e.g. Fastly, CloudFront, Akamai, Level3, etc.)
- Understanding of various multimedia transport protocols such as: Zixi, SRT, RTP, RTMP, UDP
- Familiarity with enterprise MPEG Analysis tools, such as Tektronix/Telestream, Ineoquest, Triveni, etc
- Experience with alternate content in an ABR ecosystem (ESAM, ESNI/SCTE-224)
- Understanding of backbone video and distribution (Peering, Transport, POP sites, etc)
- Knowledge of monitoring protocols such as SNMP a plus
- Familiarity with DRM and content encryption, including 3rd-party integrations
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in maintaining and troubleshooting video delivery or video applications
- Experience with SCTE-104 and SCTE-35 ad messaging
- Knowledge of SSAI & CSAI ad workflows
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year College or university; or equivalent training, education and experience
- Provisioning, troubleshooting, operations and maintenance of systems, applications and equipment used in the next-gen video delivery ecosystem
- Monitor and manage cloud based and in-house encoding software and ABR monitoring appliances
- Drive issues to resolution and provide root cause analysis
- Work with multiple teams to launch new services on the FuboTV platform
- Enterprise video encoding and acquisition experience using Ateme,Elemental, Zixi broadcasters, or similar products.
- Video troubleshooting experience preferably in an MVPD environment
- Proficiency with HLS and DASH
- Certifications in AWS or GCP a plus
- 3+ years troubleshooting ABR video workflows in an MVPD environment
- Knowledge of SRT or Zixi a plus
- Proficiency in scripting or programming languages such as Python or Ruby a plus
The Ideal Candidate will also:
- Enjoy working in a fast-moving environment in which individual contributors are trusted and
- depended upon to set technical direction
- Enjoy learning new things and sharing knowledge with co-workers
- Take the initiative in identifying and removing roadblocks
- Be a pleasure to work with in a professional environment
- Be comfortable giving and receiving honest feedback
- Be unafraid of failure
- Enjoy disrupting the status quo
Perks & Benefits:
- At Fubo, you will have the opportunity to personally influence what live media looks like after it goes through its next big transformation
- Fubo provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards
- Robust benefit package including Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, and commuter benefits
- Free Premium Fubo Account
- Health and Wellness initiatives
- Unlimited PTO days and regular company-wide activities.
- Fubo's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan, with offices in Denver, Paris, and Bangalore
- Fubo is an e-verified company
Fubo’s minimum base salary for this role if hired is $120,000 per year; maximum base salary for this role is $145,000 per year. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Fubo's equity plan, annual cash bonus plans, unlimited PTO, and a full range of medical benefits. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations.