Senior Technical Program Manager - Strategic Programs
With a mission to build the world’s leading global live TV streaming platform with the greatest breadth of premium content and interactivity, FuboTV Inc. (NYSE: FUBO) aims to transcend the industry’s current TV model. Fubo operates in the U.S., Canada, France and Spain. The company also has a growing technology center in Bangalore, India that is developing strategic product and technology features for the global Fubo platform.
We’re rapidly growing in employees, subscribers, and content offerings! Which means we need your help taking us to the next level.
Fubo is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
About the Role:
Fubo is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to help ensure the success of our most critical strategic programs. The successful candidate should excel in managing cross functional relationships, be a great teammate, a lifelong learner, and phenomenal communicator with a passion for servant-leadership. In service of success, he/she/they will need to be flexible, agile and responsive in order to lead fast paced business critical initiatives. In this highly visible role, he/she/they will need the ability to move fluidly between communication styles to meet a varied audience, presenting to leadership one day and diving deep with engineering the next. This is a highly technical role where you will engage with engineering management and must be able to translate complex technical requirements into business actions.
In this role you will:
- You will be responsible for leading the execution of the expansion strategy by taking new live sport events from deal signing to their first live broadcast on Fubo
- You will understand the requirements of our customers and partners by collaborating with business, and product leaders
- You will influence priority decisions; you will dive deep into video technologies, architecture, and operations, collaborate with engineering and technology leaders and enable teams to deliver results
- You will develop and own requirements, workback timelines, critical program reviews, and documentation of these complex initiatives
- You will maintain Program dashboards, progress reporting, presentations, communications, and actionable program plans in line with best practices of the organization
- Be able to work on multiple concurrent projects at any given time
- Have a solid technical understanding of the OTT space and relevant technologies
- Be able to quickly understand a range of highly technical programs, and provide oversight for multiple complex initiatives that require cross-functional team alignment across internal and external stakeholders
- Be instrumental in launching new services, product features and content, and building for operational scale
- Be able to get into the details of every program you run, understand technical as well as business issues, and provide hands-on support to bring the program to success
- Have a proven ability to establish credibility at the executive level and with key partners, as well as experience gaining consensus and approval for product planning efforts across multiple functional leaders
What skills, experience, and education need to succeed:
- Excellent cross-organizational verbal and written communication skills to provide status and manage expectations
- Experience managing projects and programs across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and generating alignment
- This is a position that requires senior level thinking and a willingness to roll up the sleeves and do what needs to be done
- You have demonstrated experience managing digital product/project initiatives from start-to-finish, and developing project opportunities focused on driving key metrics for the business
- You are detail-oriented and someone who relentlessly drives business improvements
- Superior Jira and Confluence Skills-must have basic understanding of Jira Cloud, JQL and managing Confluence/Wiki Documentation
- Superior Knowledge of Microsoft 365 Suite, Google Suite, Slack, Github, Atlassian Products
- 5+ years of technical program management experience working directly with software engineering teams, particularly in video engineering groups
- Prior experience in video content management systems, video players, content delivery operations in an vMVPD environment preferred
- Experience conceptualizing complex interrelated applications and system platforms, as well as the ability to communicate those systems to non-technical team members and business partners
- Experience managing broad stakeholder groups to achieve strategic objectives
- You must thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or multiple competing priorities
- You will be responsible to manage priorities, scheduling and technology bottlenecks, drive escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints
- Successfully partner with engineering, product and content acquisition leadership to drive programs to fruition and minimize friction
- PMP or equivalent certification preferred
- Experience in media/entertainment/streaming industry highly preferred
Perks & Benefits:
- At Fubo, you will have the opportunity to personally influence what live media looks like after it goes through its next big transformation
- Professional development courses and learning opportunities
- Fubo provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards
- Robust benefit package including Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, and commuter benefits
- Free Premium Fubo Account
- Health and Wellness initiatives
- Unlimited PTO days and regular company-wide activities.
- Fubo's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan, with offices in Denver, Paris, and Bangalore
- Fubo is an e-verified company
Fubo’s minimum base salary for this role if hired in New York City is $160,000 per year; maximum base salary for this role is $170,000 per year. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Fubo's annual cash bonus plan, unlimited PTO, and a full range of medical benefits. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations. This role is also available to candidates outside of the New York City area: different salary minimum and maximum compensation ranges may apply based on applicable market data and other factors at the company’s sole discretion.