Senior Software Engineer, Backend - Ad Engineering
With a mission to build the world’s leading global live TV streaming platform with the greatest breadth of premium content and interactivity, FuboTV Inc. (NYSE: FUBO) aims to transcend the industry’s current TV model. Fubo operates in the U.S., Canada, France and Spain. The company also has a growing technology center in Bangalore, India that is developing strategic product and technology features for the global Fubo platform.
We’re rapidly growing in employees, subscribers, and content offerings! Which means we need your help taking us to the next level.
Fubo is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
About the role:
Fubo is seeking an enthusiastic Senior Software Engineer to help us build the future of our ads platform. As a member of a growing team, you will serve as a subject matter expert on ad technology, both in terms of our platforms as well as trends in the industry at large.
As an engineer focused on our advertising technology platforms, you will help us build a high degree of quality and maintainability solutions. You will increase the insight we have into the runtime of our advertising technology infrastructure and create tooling that empowers our Advertising Operations and Sales teams to execute quickly in a complex ecosystem. Paired with sibling Advertising teams, you will work with third parties to gather requirements and perform integrations with our in-house advertising infrastructure.
This is a great opportunity for an engineer that enjoys solving business-critical data and distributed systems engineering problems.
You will work with a team of engineers to support existing services, design and build new services as we continue to grow. You will be managing services interfacing with ad-decisioning services, video player vendors, ad routers, server-side ad insertion partners, and more.
What you’ll do:
- Build and support our ads engineering infrastructure and services
- Drive continuous improvements to the reliability, performance, accuracy, and security of services
- Solve distributed systems engineering and data problems, utilizing the best tools and technologies
- Build shared libraries, tools, or frameworks that improve engineering solutions
- Implement unit and integrations tests to maintain confidence in the platform’s stability
- Identify and execute on opportunities to develop software to help increase efficiency, visibility, and performance of our ad technology
- Extract and aggregate data from a variety of sources into data warehouses
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Strong Software engineering and communication skills
- 7+ years of experience delivering production-quality software
- Expertise in building microservices in Golang, Java, C# or Similar
- Familiarity with modern code-deployment toolchains (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Hands-on experience with relational and non-relational databases -- you will be expected to ingest large datasets and make them accessible to others
- Professional experience using modern log/metric aggregation software (e.g. Datadog, Elasticsearch + Kibana, Splunk)
- Experience working with external Stakeholders
Ideal qualifications and experience:
- Deep passion for the distributed systems space and solving complex problems
- Familiarity with microservice architectures and experience building infrastructure platforms and tools
- Previous experience working with online advertising or previous ad-tech experience
- Familiarity with VAST, VMAP, SSAI
- Familiarity with Video ad servers like Freewheel, Publica, or Google Ad Manager
- Experience writing and deploying cloud-agnostic code (e.g. GCP, AWS)
Perks & Benefits:
- At Fubo, you will have the opportunity to personally influence what live media looks like after it goes through its next big transformation
- Professional development courses and learning opportunities
- Fubo provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards
- Robust benefit package including Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, and commuter benefits
- Free Premium Fubo Account
- Health and Wellness initiatives
- Unlimited PTO days and regular company-wide activities.
- Fubo's main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan, with offices in Denver, Paris, and Bangalore
- Fubo is an e-verified company
Fubo’s minimum base salary for this role if hired in New York City is $170,000 per year; maximum base salary for this role is $210,000 per year. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Fubo's equity plan, unlimited PTO, and a full range of medical benefits. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations. This role is also available to candidates outside of the New York City area: different salary minimum and maximum compensation ranges may apply based on applicable market data and other factors at the company’s sole discretion.