Director of Legal & Business Affairs
With a mission to build the world’s leading global live TV streaming platform with the greatest breadth of premium content and interactivity, FuboTV Inc. (NYSE: FUBO) aims to transcend the industry’s current TV model. Fubo operates in the U.S., Canada, France and Spain. The company also has a growing engineering center in Bangalore, India that is developing strategic product and technology features for the global Fubo platform.
We’re rapidly growing in employees, subscribers, content offerings and awards — including being ranked highest in Customer Satisfaction among Live TV Streaming Providers by J.D. Power. Which means we need your help taking us to the next level.
Fubo is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.
The Director, Legal & Business Affairs works closely with senior attorneys to handle legal and business affairs for Fubo primarily related to its content distribution, licensing, business development, and production activities. This position is a hand-on position working closely with the business divisions it supports. The ideal candidate will be an experienced transactional lawyer with strong media, sports and/or entertainment legal and business affairs background, including content licensing and distribution, and content production. Candidates with strong experience in general IP licensing transactions in either a law firm or in-house setting and a willingness to quickly learn media/entertainment transactions will also be considered. Provision of effective and practical legal advice and embracing and modeling a hands-on positive attitude while balancing speed to execution and minimizing company risks are necessary.
- Provide strategic and transactional support and counsel to Content Licensing, Distribution and Production and Business Development teams.
- Handle content licensing and distribution matters as assigned by senior attorneys, including advising on deal structure and strategy, drafting documents, negotiating all phases of transactions from term sheet to definitive agreement with various content providers, including without limitation major network partners, major studios and independent content distributors, sports leagues and FAST channels.
- Handle production related matters as needed including talent agreements, release agreements and clearance and licensing related matters.
- Proven ability to handle a high volume of transactions while prioritizing key deadlines.
- Advise and coordinate with teams from relevant internal groups (content acquisition/distribution, content production, sales, technology, product, operations) to identify and resolve business and legal issues (including issues relating to contract interpretation) and provide ongoing counsel, advice, and support.
- Supply solutions to the business and resolve issues in creative and practical ways, taking in consideration the business and legal context and unique needs.
- Identify and evaluate business and legal risks and find creative ways to mitigate them while achieving business goals.
- Remain current on legal and business developments relevant to the media, entertainment, sports and technology industries, both nationally and internationally.
- Research and anticipate unique legal issues that could impact the company and provide training to the company on important legal topics.
- Direct other special projects and perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- J.D. and member in good standing with a U.S. State Bar, ideally New York
- 4-7+ years of relevant experience gained from in-house and/or top-tier law firm practice preferred.
- Broad legal knowledge and demonstrated familiarity with transactions in intellectual property licensing, and media/entertainment/sports.
- Experience negotiating and drafting a wide range of commercial transactional documents and contracts in media and entertainment industries.
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills along with excellent communication skills, business/financial/commercial judgment, and strategic thinking.
- Comfortable and adept at supporting a fast-paced, evolving business, balancing legal risk and thinking creatively to propel the business forward and enable smart decisions; ability to anticipate legal issues or risks.
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas; displays sound judgment and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
Perks & Benefits:
- At Fubo, you will have the opportunity to personally influence what live media looks like after it goes through its next big transformation
- Professional development courses and learning opportunities
- Fubo provides a highly competitive compensation based on experience and market standards
- Robust benefit package including Health/Dental/Vision coverage sponsored up to 100% for employees, 401k, Life Insurance, and commuter benefits
- Free Premium Fubo Account
- Health and Wellness initiatives
- Unlimited PTO days and regular company-wide activities.
- Fubo’s main Headquarters are located in Midtown Manhattan, with offices in Denver, Paris, and Bangalore
- Fubo is an e-verified company
This role will be based in Fubo’s New York City offices, but we will consider other locations for qualified candidates. Fubo’s minimum base salary for this role if hired in New York City is $135,000 per year; maximum base salary for this role is $160,000 per year. Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Fubo’s annual cash bonus plans, unlimited PTO, and a full range of medical benefits. Final offer amount will be at the company’s sole discretion and determined by multiple factors, including years and depth of experience and expertise, location and other business considerations. Fubo may also consider candidates for this role outside of the New York City area: different salary minimum and maximum compensation ranges may apply based on applicable market data and other factors at the company’s sole discretion.