Head of Regulatory Affairs
Stockholm, Sweden · Gothenburg, Sweden
Posted on Monday, December 18, 2023
Want to be part of transforming road freight – for good? Einride is showing the world a new way to move, based on the latest digital, electric and autonomous technologies. Through our offering – freight capacity as a service – we enable businesses around the world to accelerate towards their sustainability goals.
Founded in 2016, Einride became the first company in the world to deploy a cab-less autonomous electric vehicle on a public road (Sweden, 2019). In 2022, we were the first to successfully operate such a vehicle on a US public road. Today, we are a team of more than 500 people, and our award-winning technology is being deployed across 8 countries (and counting). Our clients include some of the world’s biggest shippers, including Fortune 500 companies.
We are looking for a Global Regulatory Affairs Professional that will lead Einride’s work in establishing our position and continue to enable our autonomous electric vehicles to be operated in all markets. The Head of Regulatory Affairs will be part of Einride’s Autonomous Technologies Leadership and as such you will have the opportunity to lead and drive change together with other ambitious, innovative and product-focused people who all challenge conventional thinking, think big, and aim high.
This will require considerable leadership skills, flexibility, balancing stakeholder engagement with compliance needs, while working with teams in product launch, development and operations to anticipate their future needs and support emerging requests.
- Take leadership in ensuring that Einride’s autonomous products can be put on relevant markets both short and long term and contribute to the company's long-term strategy and decision-making
- Lead a team of experts on regulation and certification
- Be responsible for staying up to date on all the latest relevant regulatory developments and continuously monitor and influence regulations
- Ensure that the department can secure and maintain permits to enable us to operate our autonomous vehicles
- Be liaising with relevant industry organizations, authorities, and other relevant external stakeholders on behalf of Einride
- Be the internal expert on regulatory matters to assist and guide colleagues internally
We expect you to:
- Have a background within autonomous solutions, either from industry or the public sector
- Have knowledge about the regulatory landscape and stakeholders within the relevant markets and preferably at least 3-5 years experience in the field
- Hold a law degree or other relevant regulatory experience from either private or public sector within the field
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
This is a full-time position based in Gothenburg, Sweden. Remote positions may be considered for well-suited candidates. This position will require frequent travel.
We recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible since selection and interviews are held continually.
Please note that as part of our standard recruitment process, we conduct a background control on the final candidate for this role. This may include verification of education, employment history, any relevant professional certifications or other information that may be of our interest.
At Einride, we are innovators, building solutions the world has never seen before – but urgently needs. That’s why we take action, and it’s why we are always eager to be challenged. We know that our best innovations come from having a diverse mix of people, including those of different experiences, career paths, and walks of life. By coming together and sharing our perspectives openly – by disagreeing, discussing, and committing – we deliver greater impact.