Safety Program Manager
Stockholm, Sweden · Gothenburg, Sweden
Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2023
Want to be part of transforming road freight – for good? Einride is showing the world a new way to move, based on the latest digital, electric and autonomous technologies. Through our offering – freight capacity as a service – we enable businesses around the world to accelerate towards their sustainability goals.
Founded in 2016, Einride became the first company in the world to deploy a cab-less autonomous electric vehicle on a public road (Sweden, 2019). In 2022, we were the first to successfully operate such a vehicle on a US public road. Today, we are a team of more than 500 people, and our award-winning technology is being deployed across 8 countries (and counting). Our clients include some of the world’s biggest shippers, including Fortune 500 companies.
The Safety & Security Team within the Autonomous Technologies division at Einride is responsible for ensuring our products are safe to deploy and working across all functions of the organization to set requirements and develop evidence to build the safety case for our product. Put simply, they set the bar for the organization and are the in-house experts on when the product is ready to launch.
As a Safety Program Manager at Einride, you'll be joining a top talent team of ambitious, creative, kind-hearted people who challenge conventional thinking, think big, and aim for zero.
- Implement and execute key safety management processes to support Einride’s autonomous activities
- Research and identify best practices and implement to inform future Autonomous Electric Truck (AET) developments and deployments
- Support the system engineering team in developing the safety case for Einride AETs
- Track key autonomous vehicle safety regulations & represent Einride in technical forums/working groups where needed
- Partner extensively with multiple teams including operations, system engineering & product deployment teams to support ongoing safety processes and identify future needs
We expect you to:
- Have deep experience in project or program management in a relevant industry setting, such as automotive, aerospace, maritime, defence
- Be familiar with key automotive safety standards and processes, including ISO26262, ISO/PAS 21448, UL 4600
- Have a broad and current understanding of autonomous vehicle safety, including the state-of-the-art and current challenges, opportunities and requirements
- Possess outstanding communication skills
- Be comfortable working in a cross functional-setting to set requirements, work together to generate results, and implement structures and processes
This is a full-time position based in Stockholm or Gothenburg. We recommend that you submit your application as soon as possible since selection and interviews are held continually.
Please note that as part of our standard recruitment process, we conduct a background control on the final candidate for this role. This may include verification of education, employment history, any relevant professional certifications or other information that may be of our interest.
At Einride, we are innovators, building solutions the world has never seen before – but urgently needs. That’s why we take action, and it’s why we are always eager to be challenged. We know that our best innovations come from having a diverse mix of people, including those of different experiences, career paths, and walks of life. By coming together and sharing our perspectives openly – by disagreeing, discussing, and committing – we deliver greater impact.