System Safety Engineer
Posted on Tuesday, August 29, 2023
Want to be part of transforming road freight – for good? Einride is showing the world a new way to move, based on the latest digital, electric and autonomous technologies. Through our offering – freight capacity as a service – we enable businesses around the world to accelerate towards their sustainability goals.
Founded in 2016, Einride became the first company in the world to deploy a cab-less autonomous electric vehicle on a public road (Sweden, 2019). In 2022, we were the first to successfully operate such a vehicle on a US public road. Today, we are a team of more than 500 people, and our award-winning technology is being deployed across 8 countries (and counting). Our clients include some of the world’s biggest shippers, including Fortune 500 companies.
The system safety team is responsible for Einride’s long term safety engineering and how it’s implemented throughout the organization. Putting theory into practice, they get the wheels of change spinning.
As a System Safety Engineer at Einride, you'll be joining a top talent team of ambitious, creative, kind-hearted people who challenge conventional thinking, think big, and aim for zero.
- You will work within the team system safety which acts cross functional across the Automated Driving System (ADS) and vehicle platform for our self driving vehicles.
- Design solutions for vehicle safety systems based on relevant standards and best practices.
- Support your team members in creating a holistic and modular safety case.
- Work hands-on and take ownership of the safety concept for one of our domains related to ADS and/or vehicle platform.
- Facilitate the work going from item definition to functional and technical safety requirements together with the domain teams.
- You have previously worked with creating and breaking down requirements from top system level down to hardware and software requirements.
- You have experience working with safety standards such as ISO26262, ISO21448 or from other relevant industries.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with a wide range of end users.
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively, both written and verbal.
- You are thorough yet pragmatic, driven, self-directed and thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven scale-up setting.
This position is based in either Stockholm or Gothenburg. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
At Einride, we are innovators, building solutions the world has never seen before – but urgently needs. That’s why we take action, and it’s why we are always eager to be challenged. We know that our best innovations come from having a diverse mix of people, including those of different experiences, career paths, and walks of life. By coming together and sharing our perspectives openly – by disagreeing, discussing, and committing – we deliver greater impact.