Selmer, TN, USA
Posted on Thursday, July 6, 2023
Want to be part of transforming road freight – for good? Einride is showing the world a new way to move, based on the latest digital, electric and autonomous technologies. Through our offering – freight capacity as a service – we enable businesses around the world to accelerate towards their sustainability goals.
Founded in 2016, Einride became the first company in the world to deploy a cab-less autonomous electric vehicle on a public road (Sweden, 2019). In 2022, we were the first to successfully operate such a vehicle on a US public road. Today, we are a team of more than 500 people, and our award-winning technology is being deployed across 8 countries (and counting). Our clients include some of the world’s biggest shippers, including Fortune 500 companies.
We are seeking a Remote Operator to operate Einride’s autonomous vehicles for our customers. The Remote Operator will test, operate, maintain, and evaluate Einride’s Remote Interface and Einride’s autonomous vehicles. The Remote Operator will be the primary person responsible for the safe operation of our autonomous vehicles and will identify and correct potential safety risks before and during remote operations.
This role is hands-on, requiring attentiveness to the vehicle and software before and during operation, as well as constant observations of its performance. We are looking for a candidate who will enjoy a dynamic work environment, has strong focus and attention to detail, is comfortable making fast and sound decisions with a safety-first mindset.
You will have a unique opportunity to leave your mark on our growth journey and contribute directly to transforming the heavy-duty transportation industry in becoming electric and autonomous. You will be joining a top talent team of ambitious, creative, kind-hearted people who challenge conventional thinking, think big, and aim for zero emissions.
- Operate the Remote Interface that drives our autonomous vehicles for customer pilots
- Monitor the autonomous vehicles and help with safety checks of the autonomous vehicles, utilizing proven heavy vehicle experience
- Work with cross functional teams to provide valuable insight given a background in the US trucking industry
- Work closely with the engineer team to provide feedback and influence the remote interface user experience
- Help develop relationships with trucking carriers in the US
- Serve as a spokesperson for Einride endorsing the future of autonomous vehicles and Einride’s Remote Interface
- Comfortable with publicity and speaking in front of a camera with a willingness to participate in interviews with news outlets
- You must have a current, non-expired CDL license permitting you to drive large commercial vehicles and buses on public roadways in the United States
- You are trained, tested, and qualified to safely operate large commercial motor vehicles
- 10+ years of experience driving commercial trucks in the US
- Strong communication skills
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and early-in equity/warrants
- Competitive and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- 401k with employer match
- 25 days of PTO
If you are driven by the ability to make a huge impact and reduce global greenhouse emissions, we’d love to hear from you. We recommend you submit your application as soon as possible as selection and interviews are held continually.
At Einride, we believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace makes us a more capable, innovative, and competitive company. We welcome people who represent diversity in their backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Einride is an equal opportunity employer, aiming to reach our company’s full potential by cultivating an inclusive workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
At Einride, we are innovators, building solutions the world has never seen before – but urgently needs. That’s why we take action, and it’s why we are always eager to be challenged. We know that our best innovations come from having a diverse mix of people, including those of different experiences, career paths, and walks of life. By coming together and sharing our perspectives openly – by disagreeing, discussing, and committing – we deliver greater impact.