Head of Platform Engineering
Toronto, ON, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
We’re looking for a well-rounded engineering leader to elevate Chord as the standout in commerce data platforms. You’ll join a growing team that is building a platform to empower modern and omnichannel brands with smart technology, unique customer experiences, and insightful data.
In this role, expect to take a hands-on approach to scaling Chord’s infrastructure, managing a dynamic and engaged group of engineers, and providing input and technical direction that contributes to our product roadmap.
This is a perfect opportunity for a leader with experience across the commerce stack, ranging from the storefront to the data warehouse. The ideal candidate will also be comfortable leading our DevOps efforts. As an early-stage technology startup, you will have an opportunity to influence the culture and practices of the Engineering team. You will have an instrumental role in the design and implementation of our flagship products. If you’re curious, willing to learn, humble, and a good team player, you’ll be at home here at Chord.
Chord offers advanced technology for modern brands that want amazing customer experiences and unified data without a large engineering team. We like to think of our product as the tech engine for high-velocity ecommerce growth. Backed by top investors, Chord is a SaaS company led by industry veterans, and we’re seeking smart, focused, creative talent to help us realize our vision.
Our company is proudly remote-first, distributed across North America.
As our Head of Platform Engineering, you will:
- Lead a team committed to building best-in-class data architecture and frameworks that enable a modern, scalable data product.
- Oversee and contribute to our Cloud infrastructure and deployment process across all aspects of the stack. You’ll ensure we keep (and improve!) our “4 nines” rating.
- Assist with security audits, self-assessments, and best practices for cloud and application security and compliance.
- Lead implementation projects to launch customers onto Chord’s platforms.
- Own the technical design discussions and proposals that improve our team's culture, processes, or architecture.
- Support the growth of engineers on your team.
- Contribute to tutorials and documentation that our customers will love using.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- A reputation for being inclusive, curious, entrepreneurial, and thoughtful.
- Previous experience as a head of engineering or senior engineering manager.
- Familiarity with e-commerce back office and data infrastructure.
- Experience with CI/CD and DevOps tools like Github, Sentry, and CircleCI.
Working at Chord, you can expect:
- An investment in your physical and mental well-being; we offer 100% employee Medical Benefits coverage, with 69% dependant coverage.
- Flexible PTO; we encourage you to take the time you need to be your best self at work.
- An onboarding package and annual work-from-home stipend to ensure you have everything you need to be successful while working remote.
- Generous Parental Leave with customizable transition back to work program.
- To make an impact! We’re an early-stage company, which means there is space to champion ideas, and create and lead initiatives at any level in the Organization.
- The benefits of working from home, with opportunities to spend quality time with the team at Chord in-person events throughout the year.
About your application and the interview process
Chord is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you’re unsure about your qualifications for this position, we still encourage you to apply.
Our interview process for the role begins with an exploratory conversation with the Hiring Manager. After that, we’ll invite you to a Zoom session with a range of stakeholders from across our organization. We aim to get to know you and allow you to learn more about our team and product while being respectful of your time.