Senior (founding) Product Designer
Berry Street is a business-in-a-box platform enabling registered dietitians to start and scale private practices that accept health insurance. We provide all of the software needed to run a thriving practice + administrative services like insurance contracting, eligibility verification, customer support, claims billing, and even patient acquisition.
Americans' poor nutrition is killing us (and costing us billions).
- 3/4 are overweight
- 1/2 are obese
- 1/2 have 1+ chronic disease caused by poor nutrition
- 1 in 10 will have an eating disorder in their lifetime (binge eating, anorexia, bulimia, etc.)
Nutrition therapy is both clinically proven to make a difference and most commercial health insurance plans cover it at $0 out-of-pocket.
We’re on a mission to fundamentally heal America’s relationship with food. Berry Street empowers registered dietitians to launch and grow in-network private practices. We’re creating game-changing technology to build America’s largest dietitian network and ensure that anyone can access the help they need.
Since launching in January 2023, Berry Street has raised capital from top VCs like Northzone, Village Global and angel investors like the founders of Grow Therapy, Spring, and Tilly.
As the first product designer, you’ll have a huge amount of scope and autonomy across our entire product surface area (provider portal, marketplace, patient experience, infrastructure, and enabling operations). In this role, you will have the opportunity to work closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, and operations, to drive the development and launch of new features and enhancements.
What You'll Do:
- Work across the product lifecycle to create, collaborate, and iterate on user flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity designs
- Own design and UX architecture and quality within our internal tools, provider-facing portal, and patient experience
- Shape Berry Street’s design practices and design voice as we continue to scale
- Hold a strong design perspective and deep care for our product - and use that to speak out when you see something that you don’t agree with
You will love this role if:
- You have experience in leading and delivering product solutions of large and/or ambiguous scope, usually at a more system level.
- You’re inspired by complex customer problems, early stage product development, setting vision, and helping teams hold a high bar for craft.
- You have a strong portfolio showcasing a diverse range of projects.
- You develop a deep understanding of customers by conducting research, data analysis, customer interviews, and usability testing
- You have experience with working across cross-functional partners, with the ability to present, motivate and inspire others.
- You stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in product design
- You are motivated by our mission. We are working to solve the biggest problems in nutritional health care today (access and affordability).