Head of Growth
Berry Street is a business-in-a-box platform enabling registered dietitians to start and scale private practices that accept health insurance. We provide all of the software needed to run a thriving practice + administrative services like insurance contracting, eligibility verification, customer support, claims billing, and even patient acquisition.
Americans' poor nutrition is killing us (and costing us billions).
- 3/4 are overweight
- 1/2 are obese
- 1/2 have 1+ chronic disease caused by poor nutrition
- 1 in 10 will have an eating disorder in their lifetime (binge eating, anorexia, bulimia, etc.)
Nutrition therapy is both clinically proven to make a difference and most commercial health insurance plans cover it at $0 out-of-pocket.
We’re on a mission to fundamentally heal America’s relationship with food. Berry Street empowers registered dietitians to launch and grow in-network private practices. We’re creating game-changing technology to build America’s largest dietitian network and ensure that anyone can access the help they need.
Since launching in January 2023, Berry Street has raised capital from top VCs like Village Global and angel investors like the founders of Elemy and Grow Therapy.
About the Role
As the founding member of our growth marketing team, you'll lead our marketing program to drive new users to Berry Street's platform. You'll own all of our channels and help set the direction of our overall marketing efforts.
You will be instrumental in executing our growth roadmap by rapidly experimenting with our creative messaging, identifying new opportunities to scale through data, and building on our online brand with our users. You’ll also play a critical role in building Berry Street's brand voice and positioning.
This role is full-time and in-office at Berry Street's office in Williamsburg.
You will love this role if:
- You thrive when given ownership. As the owner of Berry Street's marketing efforts, you expertly leverage and develop your domain expertise, gain insights through data driven experimentation, and lean on your communication skills to build a full-funnel paid marketing strategy.
- You have a user-focused approach to marketing. You develop a deep understanding of our customers to create platform-specific, social-first content. You identify common value props and translate them into your creatives and messaging.
- You are analytical and data-oriented. You’re comfortable diving into performance data to uncover insights and inform our paid marketing strategy. You utilize data to understand levers you can pull to optimize campaigns and drive conversions at scale.
- You enjoy scaling paid growth channels. You are an expert in paid marketing and demonstrate a strong grasp of the Meta, TikTok and Google platforms. You have demonstrated experience optimizing through creative experimentation to hit acquisition goals.
- You take an iterative approach. We know you won’t get everything right the first time and we value speed and iteration over perfection.
- You’re passionate about Berry Street’s mission. You’re interested in digital health, consumer technology, and are eager to be part of solving America’s health crisis.
- Own Berry Street's paid marketing strategy and manage the day-to-day execution of our growth marketing program - primarily through paid social and search.
- Drive creative strategy and work with design partners and contractors to develop new creative tests and iterate on best-performing campaigns.
- Lead data-driven experimentation and testing to deepen the growth team’s understanding of a customer’s path from prospect to active user.
- Gain insights to inform creative and social strategy through customer and social feedback, experimentation, and a strong understanding of our patients.
- Create reports and dashboards to communicate channel performance (at the campaign and ad creative level) and develop new strategies based on your findings.
- Seek opportunities to expand to new marketing channels based on data and insights gained from your experimentation and analysis.
- Develop and implement organic marketing campaign strategies, including TikTok/Reels, SEO, and general content marketing
- Work closely with the co-founders and product teams to align growth strategies with overall business objectives and foster seamless collaboration.
- You have 4-8 years of direct experience running paid growth marketing campaigns at a high-growth start-up. (Bonus: if you’ve scaled growth in the digital health or consumer marketplace space)
- You have demonstrated experience running Meta, TikTok, and ASA Platforms (Bonus: Google, Pinterest)
- You have deep expertise with A/B and multivariate experimentation to optimize and improve performance on digital channels.
- You thrive in a fast-moving environment and are not intimidated by ambiguity or change. You enjoy new challenges and jump in headfirst when facing an issue.
- You take a highly analytical and iterative approach to performance marketing and decision-making.
- You have previous experience growing a social media profile organically to a large number of engaged followers
- You take pride in being reliable and hitting deadlines, and you hold yourself to a standard of excellence.
- The chance to drive impact within the healthcare landscape from day one
- Comprehensive health insurance plans, including dental and vision
- Spacious and light-drenched Williamsburg office ☀️
- Generous PTO 🏖️
- 401k with match 💰
- Citibike membership 🚲
- Unlimited dietitian care 🍓
- Continuous learning opportunities
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to help build a rapidly scaling start-up organization by taking strong ownership of your work, mentorship, and our unbounded leadership opportunities