Full Stack Engineer
Berry Street is a business-in-a-box platform enabling registered dietitians to start and scale private practices that accept health insurance. We provide all of the software needed to run a thriving practice + administrative services like insurance contracting, eligibility verification, customer support, claims billing, and even patient acquisition.
Americans' poor nutrition is killing us (and costing us billions).
- 3/4 are overweight
- 1/2 are obese
- 1/2 have 1+ chronic disease caused by poor nutrition
- 1 in 10 will have an eating disorder in their lifetime (binge eating, anorexia, bulimia, etc.)
Nutrition therapy is both clinically proven to make a difference and most commercial health insurance plans cover it at $0 out-of-pocket.
We’re on a mission to fundamentally heal America’s relationship with food. Berry Street empowers registered dietitians to launch and grow in-network private practices. We’re creating game-changing technology to build America’s largest dietitian network and ensure that anyone can access the help they need.
Since launching in January 2023, Berry Street has raised capital from top VCs like Village Global and angel investors like the founders of Elemy and Grow Therapy.
About the Role
You’ll have a huge amount of scope and autonomy while seeing a number of different product + platform surface areas (provider portal, marketplace, patient experience, infrastructure, and enabling operations).
What you'll do
- Contribute to the technical infrastructure for our digital health offering
- Develop and maintain software applications that support the delivery of health services to users (patients & providers) of the platform
- Work closely with the founders and lead engineer, you’ll help architect and spin up pieces of our tech stack, build provider and patient facing UIs, and integrate 3rd party services.
- Integrate third-party APIs and services into the platform to enhance its functionality and user experience
- Develop and implement scalable and maintainable software architecture for the platform
- 5+ years in engineering. You’ve built and scaled systems, made complex engineering decisions, and have proven out your technical skills in the industry.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. You have worked in a startup or on your own side projects and built products from the ground up.
- Product thinker. You want to build through a user-centric lens and be involved not only in engineering decisions but product and design decisions as well.
- Leader. You’ll do anything to achieve your goal. You know how to think on the fly and persist through setbacks and roadblocks and to motivate your teammates to do the same.
- Team Player. You are collaborative by nature, relish in camaraderie and group wins, and are looked to by colleagues as a steadfast partner and source of encouragement
- Highly Motivated. You want ownership of your work.
- The chance to drive impact within the healthcare landscape from day one
- Comprehensive health insurance plans, including dental and vision
- Spacious and light-drenched Williamsburg office ☀️
- Generous PTO 🏖️
- 401k with match 💰
- Citibike membership 🚲
- Unlimited dietitian care 🍓
- Continuous learning opportunities
- Competitive salary
- The opportunity to help build a rapidly scaling start-up organization by taking strong ownership of your work, mentorship, and our unbounded leadership opportunities